|Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The Friends of the Carl and Mary Welhausen Library is formed
for charitable and educational purposes under section 501 (c)(3)
of the Internal Revenue Code and organized to:
Promote the interests and welfare of the Carl and Mary
Welhausen Library and to assist in carrying out its mission and
achieving its goals; and
Engage and volunteer in fundraising, programs, services, and other
activities that will promote the visibility of the Library and increase
public awareness of its mission, function, programs, activities, and
Raise, receive, invest and distribute funds in the public interest of
Become a Member TODAY!
Join the Friends of the Carl and Mary Welhausen Library TODAY! This group of
individuals is dedicated to supporting and enhancing the library in order to better serve the
community of Yoakum and the surround areas throughout DeWitt and Lavaca Counties.
As a Friend, you have the honor of helping build the library and serve the community.
Annual dues are $10.00 per person and include free interlibrary loan services
through the library in the event they do not have the material you are looking for.
Ways to get involved as a Friend:
1. Become a member - your $10.00 annual dues helps provide items for the library not
supported by the City budget.
2. Volunteer your time & skills for library events (summer program, Christmas events,
book sale, book fair, etc.)
3. Consider donating your time to assist in the Library's genealogy department
4. Donate your gently used books for the annual book sale or the "everyday" for sale
shelves at the Library
5. Purchase tickets to the annual baked potato luncheon - all proceeds go back to the
6. Purchase tickets & attend the annual Friends of the Library Spring Luncheon - meal
7. Consider a tax deductible gift to your library for a memorial or any use
8. Remember the library in your estate planning