The Friends of the Carl and Mary Welhausen Library is formed for charitable and educational purposes
under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and organized to: Promote the interests and
welfare of the Carl and Mary Welhausen Library and to assist in carrying out its mission and achieving its
goals; and engage and volunteer in fundraising, programs, services, and other activities that will promote the
visibility of the Library and increase public awareness of its mission, function, programs, activities, and
needs; and raise, receive, invest and distribute funds in the public interest of the Library.
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
Join the Friends of the Carl and Mary Welhausen Library TODAY! This group of individuals is dedicated to supporting and enhancing the library in order to better serve the
community of Yoakum and the surround areas throughout DeWitt and Lavaca Counties. As a Friend, you have the honor of helping build the library and serve the community.
Annual dues are $10.00 per person and include free inter library loan services through the library in the event they do not have the material you are looking for.
2020-2021 Board Members:
President Roberta Bittick
Vice-President Sherra Parten
Secretary Tracey Gearson
Treasurer Pat Jahn
Membership Chair Amanda Sykora
Publicity Chair/Library Director Gena Jiral
Volunteer Chair Suzanne Veselka
Member Maggie Jahn
Member Dorothy Mgebroff
Member Sue Schneider
Member Nancy Hale
Ways to get involved as a Friend:
1. Become a member - your $10.00 annual dues helps provide items for the library not supported by the City budget.
2. Volunteer your time & skills for library events (summer program, Christmas events, book sale, book fair, etc.)
3. Consider donating your time to assist in the Library's genealogy department
4. Donate your gently used books for the annual book sale or the "everyday" for sale shelves at the Library
5. Purchase tickets to the annual baked potato luncheon - all proceeds go back to the library
6. Purchase tickets & attend the annual Friends of the Library Spring Luncheon - meal and entertainment
7. Consider a tax deductible gift to your library for a memorial or any use
8. Remember the library in your estate planning
|Show at https://smile.amazon.com and
Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase
to the Friends of the Carl and Mary
Welhausen Library. Just follow the link
above, login, and start shopping. It's easy
to support your local library.
|The Friends of the Carl and Mary Welhausen
Library has a page on Facebook. Fundraisers
may also be held in honor of you, and paid
directly to the Friends of the Library.
Visit the Facebook Fundraising Page to learn
a little more and donate to a great cause.
This file is not intended to be viewed directly using a web browser. To create a viewable file, use the Preview in Browser or Publish to Aabaco Web Hosting commands from within SiteBuilder.